A number of factors motivate people to maintain their homes. These include keeping it looking good, having a safe and healthy environment for their loved ones, preventing costly repairs and replacements and preserving the value of their home. Undoubtedly, the health and safety of your family is the most important of these reasons. The benefits of air duct cleaning make it one of the most important steps to include in the maintenance routine of for your home.
Having your HVAC systems serviced regularly is one of the most prevalent home maintenance routines because if an air conditioner breaks your home will be uncomfortable and replacing them is quite expensive. Servicing your heating and air conditioning systems is vital to keeping them operating efficiently and should entail cleaning the cooling coils, drain pans, fans and heat exchangers. Cleaning these components can result in dust, debris, mold or allergens getting into your air ducts which will subsequently be released into your home. For this reason it is important to clean your air ducts at the same time your heating and cooling system is cleaned.
5 benefits of regular cleaning and servicing of your heating and cooling system and your air ducts:
1. Savings. The US Environmental Protection Agency estimates that removing even four-tenths of an inch of dust from cooling system coils will reduce energy usage by up to twenty one percent. This can save you considerable money on your utility bill.
2. System durability. Estimate are that nine out of ten central heating and air conditioning systems fail or breakdown because a proper maintenance routine was not performed. Replacement parts and labor for heating or cooling system can be very expensive and total replacement costs thousands.
3. Your home’s air quality. Many people consider air duct cleaning essential to maintaining healthy indoor air. Dust, allergens (pollen, pet dander) and toxins (mold, mildew, rodent droppings) are commonly found in air ducts. If air vents are not cleaned regularly these particles can be released into your house. Even if family members do not have allergies many of these particles have the potential to cause severe illness.
4. Allergies. If family members have allergies, air duct cleaning is often required to provide a healthy environment for allergy sufferers. Air vent cleaning can significantly reduce the amount of allergens in a home.
5. Remove odors. A musty odor in your home can mean that dust, mold or mildew may be present in the air ducts that no amount of air fresheners or candles will eliminate. Air duct cleaning will eliminate the smell almost completely.
In addition to regular cleaning, it is recommended that you consider having your air vents professionally cleaned after any of the following events: water entering your ducts (leaking water pipe, leaky roof, faulty condensation management by your air conditioner), a flood (in your home or in your town), a fire nearby, mold was found during servicing of your heating or air conditioning system, rodents or insects are known to have been in the ducts, major home remodeling, moving into a new home.